Please read below to learn how you can change someone’s life by inviting them to try CrossFit.
Also, learn all about this year’s CrossFit Games Open, schedule and planned activities.
Finally, take a sneak peek at the upcoming programming for March — common on, I know you want to!
Invite a Friend – Change a Life
We rely on your referrals for a majority of our new members. Because of you, many will try CrossFit for the first time. Because CrossFit can be so life changing and transforming, by inviting a friend to join you for a CrossFit class, you just might change that person’s life for the better.
We have several ways to make it easy for someone you know to try CrossFit.
- Community WODs – invite someone or the entire neighborhood
- Free Community WOD – each Sunday at 11 AM
- Not available Sunday? No problem – just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out.
- Free 2-week trial
- New beginners On Ramp Series each month
- Experienced? Check out our current schedule of classes!
- Email us at email@example.com and we will take care of the rest.
- Member Referral Gift Cards
- What is the worth of good health and fitness?
- New members can save $100 by using this card.
- Ask Bob! He has a limited number of free cards that he will provide to existing members that ask. (supplies limited – ask today!)
CrossFit Open – Schedule of Events
Okay – here’s what you need to know. If you haven’t registered yet, do so now, please. I would like to have everyone registered so that we can all experience the burpees, sweat, tears, and screams of excitement sure to follow each week. This is a worldwide CrossFit competition that will bring together your at-large CrossFit community. Everyone will be doing the CrossFit Open workouts – so please register and be part of the party. Register online for just $20.
The CrossFit Open spans five (5) weeks and begins this Thursday evening at 8 PM. Watch live each week as the week’s workout is announced and several of the games athlete’s and hopeful’s throwdown minutes after the workout is announced. Also – new this year – is the invitation to members of the armed services, police, fire, and EMT community – to compete side-by-side. Also, masters and teens athletes will be competing also. Watch all of this live at games.crossfit.com. The new season is upon us and it is time to get excited (YouTube video).
So, how does this work at the gym? Each week, we will feature the announced CrossFit Games Open workout as the “Workout of the Day” each Friday and Monday. Both the scaled and the prescribed versions will be available for you. Perform the workout on Friday and see where you stack up. Rest and recover over the weekend, and hit it again on Monday. Share your strategies and performance tips with one another. The Open will bring out your best (YouTube video).
- Thursday 25 Feb 2016 @ 8 PM – Live Announcement of Week 16.1 WOD
- Week 16.1 – Thursday 25 Feb 2016
- Week 16.2 – Thursday 03 Mar 2016
- Week 16.3 – Thursday 10 Mar 2016
- Week 16.4 – Thursday 17 Mar 2016
- Week 16.5 – Thursday 24 Mar 2016
- Each Friday – all classes – CF Open 16 WODs will be the programmed workout
- Each Friday – 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM – Friday Night Lights!!! (community event)
- Monday 29 Feb 2016 – Last Chance to Register
- Each Monday – all classes – CF Open 16 WODs will be the programmed workout
- Each Saturday from 8 am – 1 PM – Open Gym – work on skills, technique, trade stories, strategies, and pick up tips!
What is Friday Night Lights?
Each Friday evening (from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM) everyone will get together and workout as a community on Friday night from 5:30 PM till 7:30 PM. Come out and watch members of our gym go head to head in that week’s CF Open WOD. We will pick two or more of our registered athletes to throw down. Who would you select to go head to head? Everyone will watch and cheer! Then, after the main show, we will form heats and everyone will get a chance to do their best. This is the premiere opportunity to be part of this great community of fitness. If possible, be sure to attend as many of our Friday night lights events as possible.
Have a suggested pairing for one of the upcoming Friday Night Lights match-ups. Shout it out! I would like to hear your suggestions!
New Programming for the Month of March
It here! March programming is now available for your review. Take a look at an exciting and fun month of workouts – and get ready to see more and more results this Spring!
Checkout our programming archive and scroll down to March. View either the General or Competitor programming.
Be More. Be CFGB.
Being a part of our community is more than just a personal commitment to improve oneself. We provide a number of ways to go beyond and help others. I would like to personally thank each of you for what you bring to your families and communities. Thanks for being that positive force for others. There is a story behind each person that WODs with us. Lives are changing for the better. Who is getting more fit when you workout? We take our job very seriously! CFGB believes that your health and fitness benefit more people than you think.
Be More. Be CFGB.