As previously stated, your child’s safety is our #1 goal and it is with this focus that we need your help. Below are the rules we must enforce as a CrossFit community to best protect your child; please:
- Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class, and come inside the building to pick them up.
- Bring your children to the designated kid’s area, where the head coach will meet them and take them onto the gym floor for the day’s class.
- Children will arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to class and will be picked up promptly when class is over.
- Immediately notify the head coach if you see anyone in the parking lot or in the gym that does not belong there.
- Unless pre-arranged with the head coach, the children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
- Please sign your child in and out with the head coach so we can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person.
- Payment is month to month, and due at the first of the month.
- A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
- Ensure your child has a bottle of water and please put their name on it.
- Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
- You may stay and watch the class, however please do not interrupt classes while they are being conducted, including verbal and non-verbal communication with the children or coaching staff.
- Please do not walk out onto the training floor, under any circumstances, unless instructed to do so by a coach or CrossFit Glen Burnie staff.
- Please keep children who are not participating in classes, under full observation and control and please do not allow them to run freely around the gym or enter onto areas of the training floor under any circumstances.
- Children with disciplinary problems: first warning-free of consequence, second warning-sit out the first two minutes of the game, third warning- sit out the first entire game that day.
- Finally, please make the head coach aware of any special needs for your children that may facilitate their individual safety, learning, and growth (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.)
- Inclement Weather Policy – We follow the Anne Arundel School System when deciding whether or not to close the gym due to the weather. If the schools are delayed (2-hour late start), then the morning classes will be canceled. If the schools are closed for the day, then all classes are canceled — unless posted otherwise. In the event that the schools are open, or close early, and Anne Arundel Community College’s evening classes are closed, then there would be no afternoon or evening classes.
We look forward to getting to know all of you personally and training your children to the best of my ability. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact us before or after class, or at kids@CrossFitGlenBurnie.com.
Signed: ______________________________ Date:________
Download our CrossFit Kids Information Packet